There are no shortcuts to any place worth going
Make no mistake -- learning and teaching is hard work with NO shortcuts. Both learning and teaching take persistence and grit, but most of all being trustworthy and trusting.
Our Teacher Leadership Team is working hard to tap into the power of trust within our district by creating and facilitating job-embedded and collaborative learning. This type of learning requires that our system share openly our responsibilities, ideas, challenges, give and receive feedback, hold one another accountable and most importantly, take risks and be willing to be vulnerable. This vulnerability makes it possible for our system to grow.
At Benton Community we meet every Tuesday morning to collaborate and learn from one another. We share what is happening in our classrooms (data) and work together to make our student learning experience robust. We openly share our ideas and challenges, give each other feedback, and seek solutions #alltogether.
We explore each other's thinking in order to build collaborative structures. These structures include norms, protocols and providing opportunities for our educators to demonstrate and observe and build trust with one another.
The Benton TLT norms include:
- Be punctual and use time wisely.
- Follow an agenda.
- Be present, stay focused and in the moment!
- Listen and respect other’s ideas, but lead with ONE VOICE!
- Continue to be a learner. Push yourself to a growth mind set.
- What is said in the room, stays in the room. Confidentiality.
- Stay positive and be a solution finder.
- Food is a must - share responsibility!
- Remember what it is like to be a teacher in the classroom!