Week in review:
This week has been full of learning more regarding FAST at the elementary level and ultimately beginning the testing of our elementary students. The MS/HS continued the work of building the knowledge base of the the process of CFA's and collaborative teams.
Also, during our board meeting administrators shared the "hard work and benefits of our district work". Our Benton Community District staff really rocks and our focus is on improving our students experiences. Below are a few examples of progress made this week:
- Staff members discussing student engagement and creating more rigorous classrooms experiences utilizing the IPI tool.
- We completed the first week of Benchmark implementation across the district and it was exciting to see so many classrooms focusing on main idea and details.
- QR codes were being used for students to determine their own learning path.
- "Magic" a.k.a. Tyler Maschino set up a email account for our BCTLT@benton.k12.ia.us based on a suggestion from our staff to have one point of contact for BCTLT.
- CSIP and APR were approved by our District Board of Education.
- The Benton Community Board of Education approved the timeline for the consideration of organizational restructuring for the 2015-16 school year. Below is the timeline approved by the Board. Continue to check the Benton Community website will be a location used for additional documents regarding restructuring.
- Benton Community School District
Board of Education 2014-15Timeline for District Organizational RestructuringJune 25, 2014 Work Session to Present Budgetary and Enrollment Information to the BoardJuly 2014 Benton Connection Article to District patrons/parents summarizing the Work Session and options for consideration for 2015-16August 2014 District-wide Staff message as a follow-up to communication in the Spring of 2014September 17, 2014 Board approves timeline during Regular Board meetingSept. 17 – Oct. 14 Additional information made available to district stakeholders that the matter is under considerationOctober 1, 2014 Official Enrollment Date for 2014-15 – Report to the Board at the October 15th regular board meetingOctober 8, 2014 District Advisory Committee to Discuss Restructuring PlanOctober 15, 2014 Board Discussion at Regular Meeting on proposed plans for 2015-16 and set date(s) for Public Hearing:o October 30, 2014 7:00 p.m. MS/HS Auditoriumo November 12, 2014 7:00 p.m. MS/HS AuditoriumOctober 30, 2014 Public Hearing on Proposed Decision regarding 2015-16 School District RestructuringNovember 12, 2014 Public Hearing on Proposed Decision regarding 2015-16 School District RestructuringNovember 17, 2014 Board Work Session at 6:00 p.m. to Discuss Restructuring RecommendationNovember 17, 2014 Final Decision by Board regarding 2015-16 School District RestructuringDecember 2014 – May 2015 Planning and implementation of District Restructuring for 2015-16 school year